If you are looking at a way to make a lasting difference in a persons life consider the volunteering. There are numerous volunteer opportunities at Aurora Mental Health Center to give your support, help others grow, and provide lasting impressions on someone’s life.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Become a mentor to a teen through the Aurora Youth Options Program (AYO) or assist in the homework lab, for more information on AYO visit www.aurorayouthoptions.org
- Work in a classroom as a teacher's aide at one of our school based programs
- Assist with child care while parents are in support groups (both evening and daytime help needed)
- Lead an educational or activity group at one of our residential facilities (including Aurora Veterans Home)…a great way to share your special talent be it music, cooking, money management or other interests.
- Mentor one of our consumers who is learning new skills to enter the workforce
- Join our wellness task force and provide training on the importance of nutrition, fitness and a healthy lifestyle for our consumers
- Help with our clerical needs
- Assist in receiving donations and or recruiting volunteers
If interested in any of the above opportunities, please download the application and return. If you have any questions in regards to these opportunities please contact Heather Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-617-2313. All applications will be reviewed and interviews with specific programs will be scheduled.