The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of Aurora Mental Health Center, an independent not-for-profit corporation as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Board provides strategic and fiduciary leadership and oversight of the Center’s management to ensure the Center fulfills its mission of service to the community.
The Board is comprised of volunteers from the community who are elected by the Board and who serve a four-year term, not to exceed two terms in succession. Officers are elected from within the Board annually to serve a term of one year, or until a successor is elected.
- President - Mark Stephenson
- Vice President - Lynn Donaldson
- Treasurer - Tom Ashburn
- Secretary - Nancy Jackson
Current Directors with affiliations and terms
- Tom Ashburn, Xcel Energy (retired), 2014-2022
- Brian Bagwell, Metropolitan State University Denver and Aurora Fire Department (retired), 2017-2021
- Marsha Berzins, Councilperson, City of Aurora, 2018-2022
- Dan Beyer, Citywide Banks, 2020-2024
- Linda Davison, Aurora City Attorney (retired), 2017-2021
- Lynn Donaldson, Donaldson’s Inc., 2017-2021
- Gigi de Gala, Nelnet, 2018-2022 (also Asian Pacific Development Center Board)
- Tim Huffman, Aurora Police Department (retired), 2015-2024
- Nancy Jackson, County Commissioner, Arapahoe County, 2020-2024
- Paritosh Kaul, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2013-2021
- Claudine McDonald, Aurora Police Department, 2020-2024
- Steve Nederveld, Cherry Creek School District, 2020-2024
- David Patterson, Falck Rocky Mountain, 2018-2022
- Mark Stephenson, Metropolitan State University Denver and Aurora Fire Department (retired), 2016-2022
- Cathy Wildman, Aurora Public Schools (retired), 2020-2024
Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm at the AuMHC Leversee building, 1290 Chambers Rd, Aurora, 80011. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, board meetings are conducted virtually until further notice. Typically, there is no board meeting in July and August.