The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of Aurora Mental Health Center, an independent not-for-profit corporation as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Board provides strategic and fiduciary leadership and oversight of the Center’s management to ensure the Center fulfills its mission of service to the community.
The Board is comprised of volunteers from the community who are elected by the Board and who serve a four-year term, not to exceed two terms in succession. Officers are elected from within the Board annually to serve a term of one year, or until a successor is elected.
- Chair - Cathy Wildman
- Vice President - Tom Ashburn
- Treasurer - Dan Beyer
- Secretary - Nancy Jackson
Current Directors with affiliations and terms
- Tom Ashburn, Xcel Energy (retired), 2014-2022
- Marsha Berzins, Councilperson, City of Aurora, 2018-2022
- Dan Beyer, Citywide Banks, 2020-2024
- Gigi de Gala, Nelnet, 2018-2022
- Nils Holum, Rockwood Equity, 2021-2025
- Tim Huffman, Aurora Police Department (retired), 2015-2024
- Nancy Jackson, County Commissioner, Arapahoe County, 2020-2024
- Cynthia Koenck, Community College of Aurora, 2021-2025
- Claudine McDonald, Aurora Police Department, 2020-2024
- Amy McLaughry, ADEM Enterprises, Inc., 2021-2025
- Patti Moon, Aurora Public Schools, 2021-2025
- Steve Nederveld, Cherry Creek School District, 2020-2024
- David Patterson, Falck Rocky Mountain, 2018-2022
- Cathy Wildman, Aurora Public Schools (retired), 2020-2024
Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm at the AuMHC Leversee building, 1290 Chambers Rd, Aurora, 80011. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, board meetings are conducted virtually until further notice. Typically, there is no board meeting in July and August.