Get To Know Us
Helping people live their lives the fullest has always been at the core of what we do. Check out these five quick facts to get to know us!
Since the beginning, Aurora Mental Health Center has been dedicated to helping as many people – children, adults, and families – as possible live life to the fullest. With that in mind, check out the five quick facts about Aurora Mental Health Center below:
- In 2015, Aurora Mental Health Center celebrated its 40th year of providing innovative, quality and comprehensive services to members of the community.
- AuMHC offers 29 specialty programs that include:
- Child and Family Programs
- Crisis and Disaster Services
- Homeless Services
- Veterans Programs
- Community Health Integration
- Refugee Outreach
- Mental Health First Aid
- Student Internship and Training Programs
- In the 2014-2015 fiscal year, AuMHC served 19,231 people in the community – an 11% increase from the number reported in the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
- Aurora Mental Health Center not only offers services out of 12 counseling and specialized service centers in Aurora, it provides services in public schools, county departments of human services, jails and courts, medical offices, and in homes and other community locations.
- Roughly 75% of AuMHC clients live at or below the federal poverty level, and we rely on contracts and donations to help provide services to these clients. In 2015, contracts and donations accounted for 20.75% of our revenue.