Integrated Primary Health Care Clinic
We are a highly integrated bi-directional primary care clinic co-located with AuMHC’s Adult Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Services. In partnership with Metro Community Provider Network (MCPN), and with the goal of improving the physical health status of adults with mental illnesses and addictions, our multidisciplinary medical and mental health team members partner with clients and their supports to improve overall health from a trauma informed care perspective.
- CU Bachelors Nursing Students Public Health Rotation
- Activities include: assisting with patient psychoeducation and opportunities to engage in a variety of public-health related projects.
- DU Advanced Standing or 2nd year MSW Students
- Activities include: consultation with medical staff and patients, screening, brief assessment, and provision of short-term behavioral health treatment to individuals, families, and possibly groups. Interns can expect to increase their knowledge of medical conditions and their interface with mental health conditions, and to participate in the integrated care innovations taking place in Colorado. Additionally, interns will have the potential to learn and be involved in grant project(s) involving cutting edge innovations in the field.
- General knowledge of and interest in the specialty of integrated healthcare.
- Experience working with adults with mental illness.
- MSW students need to be here for two 10 hour shifts, starting at 7:30 am on Wednesday and Thursday. • Nursing students need to arrive at 7:30 am, and schedule is flexible.