The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About the team.
Our Financial Services team performs all tasks financial to support AuMHC programs, including General Accounting, Grants Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Housing Support. AuMHC has many different sources of revenue, including client revenue, federal, state and local government and private grants, and federal, state, and local government contracts. We ensure the proper recording of this revenue, as well as timely and accurate payments to employees and vendors.
About the role.
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Part-Time Behavioral Health Coder will help to maximize revenue and collections by ensuring that all services are coded appropriately prior to claims submission.
- Review client encounters, queries clinical staff as needed, and identifies and reports issues.
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes, and ensures that codes are accurate and relevant to client encounters.
- Code client charts.
- Assist in preparing and submitting charts for third-party audits.
- Responsible for assembly and analysis of discharge medical records.
- Conducts chart reviews for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Analyze and abstract clinical data by assigning codes from client records in accordance with coding classification systems.
- Analyze challenging account problems and denials related to coding issues.
- Assist with staff and physician education in correct coding and documentation.
- Ensure all new clinical staff receive training with regards to coding and documentation.
- Investigate and report inconsistencies in billing to appropriate staff.
The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of behavioral health coding and a passion for excellence and for doing the right thing at all times.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree or above.
- Two years’ of experience coding for medical services.
- Preferred: Behavioral healthcare experience.
- Coding certification through AHIMA or AAPC within six months of date of hire.
- Ability to execute work plans independently and with flexibility.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Creative and positive approach to communication and problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills exhibited in service to clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Starting Salary for this role (based on experience and company equity):
- $17.65-18 hourly
Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual Candidates):
- 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees, including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
*Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Quality Supervision
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit