The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About the team.
Our Adult Intensive Services division is made up of several programs that provide daily, specialized support to adults with a severe and persistent mental illness, while maintaining ties to their family and community. One such program is our Ascent Team, which is a wraparound program of 12 staff who work together to provide community-based mental health care for teenagers and young adults who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis (FEP).
Ascent services incorporate therapy, peer support, case management, vocational, educational, psychiatric, and recovery services, among others; all of which may be used to build and maintain recovery over the long term. These services are available via referral from any department in Aurora Mental Health Center or via community referrals from Aurora/Arapahoe County.
About the role.
The Licensed Therapist for our Adult Intensive services team will support young adults who are living with a psychotic disorder with the goal of obtaining optimal functioning and quality of life by providing clinical services, family support, case management, and education.
- Conducts ongoing assessments, individual, family, and group therapy with assigned clients.
- Develops and monitors treatment plans for assigned caseload; updates at required intervals.
- Consults with internal and external professionals and collaterals to ensure access to needed services and proactive coordination of care.
- Provides counseling and clinical case-management services as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aurora Mental Health Center (AuMHC) and subsidiaries are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are committed to maintaining an environment that respects the dignity of each individual in our community. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form or context including harassment or exclusion.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
The Licensed Therapist for our Adult Intensive services team has knowledge of individual and group behavior including thorough knowledge of treatment issues related to psychiatric problems, dual-diagnosis, and psychotic disorders. This candidate also has previous experience providing individual and group therapy, has a compassion for working with teenagers and young adults, is well-organized, motivated, and is able to collaborate well with colleagues and supervisors.
Differential pay is available for bilingual therapists. Licensed and Unlicensed masters-level candidates will be considered.
- Master’s degree in human services field.
- At least one year relevant experience providing clinical care to appropriate client population, including conducting individual, family and/or group therapy.
- Licensed Therapist preferred, will also consider License eligible: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Knowledge of theories and evidence based practices related to clinical treatment.
- Ability to learn and utilize an electronic health record with proficiency.
- Solid understanding of mental illness and treatment modalities within multidisciplinary approach.
- Knowledge of DSM-V.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to all client presentations and crisis situations.
- Ability to document interactions with clients, other agencies and mental health professionals.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Starting Salary for this role (based on experience and company equity):
- Licensed Therapist: $48,000 – $61,000
Additional Compensation and Bonuses:
New Sign On Bonus Tiers:
- $2000 for Unlicensed Therapist and Unlicensed Psychologist.
- $3000 for Licensed Therapist and Licensed Psychologist.
- $4000 for LCSW with adults, or Licensed Psychologist with adults, Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, Clinical Manager.
Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual Candidates):
- 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees, including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
*Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit