The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About the team.
Our Adult Intensive Services division is made up of several programs that provide specialized support to adults with a severe and persistent mental illness including mood disorders, psychosis, and personality disorders. Within this division the Community Living Program (CLP) works with adults clients who have a severe and persistent mental illness with a high risk for psychiatric hospitalization due to psychosis, suicidal ideation, or harm towards others. Our mission is to stabilize clients for their mental health and support their ability to function independently in the community.
About the role.
The Therapist on the CLP team will be responsible for assisting adult clients with a severe and persistent mental illness who are court ordered and certified for treatment with the goal of supporting clients to attain an optimal quality of life, by providing clinical services and education. Develop and carry out a consistent plan of treatment, from intake and assessment to closure.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, individual, family and/or group therapy with assigned clients.
- Develop and monitor treatment plans; update at required intervals.
- Consult with internal and external professionals and collaterals to ensure access to needed services and proactive coordination of care.
- Provide clinical case-management services as needed. Provide crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive clinical services designed to decrease symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Assist clients to evaluate strengths and symptoms, and set their own goals.
- Guide and instruct clients in coping skills.
- Offer consultation to community partners and providers.
- Ensure that billing information is up-to-date for assigned clients. Seek insurance authorization for services as required.
- Write reports and other correspondence, as necessary, and with appropriate releases.
- Complete all requests to provide the necessary information and undertake the required activities to ensure timely and ongoing credentialing with third party payers.
The ideal candidate will be a Licensed Therapist, have excellent clinical skills and be trained in evidenced based interventions in the treatment of mental health and co-occurring substance abuse disorder to criminal-justice involved clients. Must be able to provide trauma-informed care, exhibit good communication skills and show professional courtesy at all times. We are seeking a team player who is committed working collaboratively with others, maintains professional boundaries and contributes to a healthy team morale. Previous experience working with criminal justice referrals is a plus.
- Master’s degree in human services field.
- At least one year relevant experience providing clinical care to appropriate client population, including conducting individual, family and/or group therapy.
- Licensed Therapist preferred, will also consider License eligible: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Knowledge of theories and evidence based practices related to clinical treatment.
- Ability to learn and utilize an electronic health record with proficiency.
- Solid understanding of mental illness and treatment modalities within multidisciplinary approach.
- Knowledge of DSM-V.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to all client presentations and crisis situations.
- Ability to document interactions with clients, other agencies and mental health professionals.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Starting Salary for this role (based on experience and company equity):
- Licensed Therapist: $53,000
Additional Compensation and Bonuses:
New Sign On Bonus Tiers:
- $2000 for Unlicensed Therapist and Unlicensed Psychologist.
- $3000 for Licensed Therapist and Licensed Psychologist.
- $4000 for LCSW with adults, or Licensed Psychologist with adults, Registered Nurse and Clinical Manager.
Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual Candidates):
- 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees, including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
*Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit